Dear Made to Move Member,
Welcome to Made to Move Tennis & Wellness! You are well on your way towards an energetic, new life. Made to Move is part of a growing wellness movement committed to healthy living and positive change in your life and community. From assisting you with your workouts to counseling you on nutrition, we will be your source for building the healthy lifestyle you desire.
In this welcome packet, you will find information on your membership and the use of our fitness center. We have also included explanations of our Life Fit Training, Nutritional Coaching and Wellness Programs that we offer. This introduction will allow you to integrate yourself into our community and to find the right programs for your wellness goals. Also, be sure to check out our fitness bulletin board for all our upcoming events and specials!
On behalf of Made to Move Tennis & Wellness, we thank you for joining your local holistic wellness center. We are very excited to have you as a member!
Yours in Health,
—The Made to Move Tennis & Wellness Team
Your Welcome Packet
Made to Move Tennis & Wellness is an innovative, educational health facility that empowers individuals to produce positive change in their lives and their communities.
We seek to influence as many lives as possible while creating sustainable, healthy, and engaged communities that continue to grow in meaningful and creative directions.
Made to Move Tennis & Wellness welcomes you to our fitness center. You are an integral part of our mission to create a healthier community. We are excited about the year ahead and hope you are, too. This welcome packet includes the following information:
• Your Fitness Membership
• Membership and Fitness Policies
• Our Fitness Classes
• Yoga Class Information and Policies• Fitness Center Etiquette
• Life Fit Training Sessions
• Nutritional Coaching Sessions
Your Fitness Membership
What does your membership include?
• Each member will receive a membership card.
• Members are entitled to a 30-minute orientation.
• Unlimited classes in the studio are yours to enjoy.
How do I use my card?
Each member must swipe his/her card with the front desk scanner each time he or she enters the club. This is required for attendance and membership privileges, as well as your safety. The card shall be issued to you when you sign the membership form.
Fitness Center Hours:
Hours are subject to change during holidays.
6:00 am - 9:30 pm Monday – Thursday
6:00 am - 8:30 pm Fridays
7:00 am – 7:30 pm Saturdays
7:00 am – 5:30 pm Sundays
Summer hours are subject to change
The Fitness Center is CLOSED: Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Christmas Day & New Years Day.
Membership and Fitness Policies
Pausing a Membership
Annual members may not pause a membership unless it is for an injury. A note is required from the attending physician stating the type of injury and length of rest time required. All injury related pauses may not be less than two weeks in length.
Only Senior Citizens (65 and above) may pause for the purpose of travel once per year. Seniors may be paused for up to two months during the length of their annual membership agreement. This does not apply to Life Fit Training members.
Guest Pass Policy
The guest fee is $15 per day. A release of liability form must be signed before using the fitness center. Anyone under the age of 16 must have a release of liability form signed by their parent or guardian.
Young Adults in the Fitness Center
Made to Move Tennis & Wellness reserves the right to inform parents if children are disrespectful or disruptive. We value your health and safety; the fitness courtesies and rules are there for everyone, adults and youth, to respect and follow.
ABOUT OUR FITNESS CLASSES
Group Exercise and Class Policies
• You must use your membership card every time you enter the building by swiping at the front desk scanner
• Use of cell phones is strictly prohibited.• Bring your own mat
• Proper fitness attire is required
• Please clean all equipment at end of class
• Please put equipment away when class is over
• No admittance after the first 10 minutes of a class
• Attention Spin Participants:
** Please wipe down bike and floor after class.
Yoga Class Information & Policies
While there are no rules for a yoga practice, there is a code of etiquette that we ask you to follow out of respect for your comfort and the comfort of others.
• Reservations are required for classes. To reserve your spot, follow the directions below to create your online profile in our Mind/Body system, so you can start reserving classes today from home.
• If a class is full, you can add yourself to the wait list. You will be notified by email if there is an opening.
New User Registration and Class Sign-Up
If you have a Made to Move Fitness Membership and would like to take classes, you will need to register yourself online at our Mind/Body scheduler before you register for classes:
To register follow these steps:
1) Go to our website at www.madetomovewellness.com
2) Visit our “Fitness Classes” tab and click on “Fitness Members: Click here to view our class schedule and sign up for a class”.
3) This will take you to our Mind/Body Scheduler
4) In the upper right corner, click on “Sign up!” underneath the username box.
5) Follow the steps under “Is this your first time?”
6) Since you have already signed up to be a fitness member, your name should be recognized in the system. If it is not recognized, fill in the information necessary and continue to follow the steps.
7) In the future, you will just log on to your Mind/Body page by entering your Username and Password in the boxes at the top right corner of the page.
8) If you have any problems, please notify the Fitness Director or front desk and we will help you resolve the issue.
Creating a Class Reservation
To sign up for classes, you will need your Username and password. If you do not have a username and password, follow directions above. If you have your Username and Password, follow these steps:
1) Log in to our Mind/Body scheduler as described above. Once you are logged in, the schedule for our classes on the current day will be displayed.
2) Click on the “Sign Up Now!” button of the class for which you would like to sign up.
3) Once you click “make a single reservation” for the class you have selected, Mind/Body will bring you to your schedule for the week. If you would like to sign up for more classes, please do so. However, you can only sign up for classes 7 days in advance. This is necessary so that we can keep our classes available to everyone. You can also use this schedule to keep track of the classes that you have scheduled for yourself. At this point, YOU’RE ALL SET! ENJOY!
Cancelling Your Scheduled Class
If for any reason, you can’t make your class, it is VERY important to cancel your class online, so your space can be opened for another person. Luckily, cancelling your class is really easy. Follow these quick steps:
1) Log in to your online Mind/Body account.
2) Click on the “Registered” tab next to the class for which you signed up.
3) On the following screen, you will see your schedule for that week. To cancel, click cancel under the “Web Cancel” heading. The system will ask you if you want to cancel, click “OK” and you are cancelled.
4) To reschedule yourself, go back to the CLASSES page, and sign up for the class you want to take.
The Benefit of Online Class Reservations
To provide our clients with great customer service, our online class reservation system allows:
a. Convenience of signing up from home.
b. Ability to post online that classes are cancelled for holidays, if instructor is ill, or inclement weather. Please cancel online the moment you know you cannot attend a class as a courtesy for those on the waiting list.
c. Enables instructor to see who is attending class so they are better prepared.
d. Enables us to call someone on waiting list if there is an opening.
e. Enables clients to check online during inclement weather to see if class is cancelled.
Fitness Center Etiquette
We ask that you adhere to a few simple guidelines to maintain a safe, comfortable and pleasant environment. Your health and safety are our top priority.
Need Help? If you are unsure about how to use a piece of equipment, please ask any of our Life Fit Trainers who would be happy to educate you.
Locker rooms are provided for your coats and personal items. Please bring your own lock and remove it when you leave after each visit.
Workout towels are provided for you in the fitness center. We ask that you DO NOT remove these towels from the fitness center. These towels are for fitness members only, so please do not remove them. Towels may be used in classes. Please discard the towels in towel hamper next to studio door when finished.
Proper fitness attire is required at all times: no jeans or street clothes. During the winter months, we ask that you bring your sneakers to change into. This helps keep sand out of the fitness center and prevents extra wear and tear on the cardio equipment and studio floor.
Tennis members: If entering the fitness center after playing tennis, please change to different sneakers. The clay dust creates a mess and can damage cardio equipment.
Please wipe down handles and seats on equipment before and after use. There are antibacterial wipe dispensers for your use. This helps us to maintain our high cleaning standards.
Magazines are in the gym for your use, please put them back when you are finished.
Think green: Televisions on cardio equipment must be turned off to conserve energy. If you need assistance with a piece of equipment, please ask a staff member.
Free weights should be put back in the correct spot on the racks and any other pieces of small gym equipment are to be put in their respective places. If you don’t know where it belongs, please feel free to ask.
No food or drinks other than water are allowed in classes. However, plastic bottled sports drinks and energy bars may be brought into the gym.
Members must be 15 years of age to use the facility without parental supervision. No one under the age of 13 may use the fitness center (unless enrolled in Life Fit Kids). Children 14 & under must have parental supervision at all times while waiting for parents in the lobby.
Cleanliness: We ask all of our members to participate in our quest for the cleanest and healthiest club possible.
Tools we use for a healthier, cleaner environment:
• Green cleaning products that are healthier for your body.
• A nighttime cleaning crew 7 days a week.
• Daily cleaning schedule for our fitness staff.
• Sanitized wipes to clean bacteria from your hands and equipment before, during and after workout.
• Purell dispensers located throughout our facility.
About Our Life Fit Training
At the core of the Made to Move Life Fit Training Process are the principles of interconnection and integration. Biologically, the body and mind depend on each other to create a cohesive harmony. Yet, too often in our modern lives, the mind is disconnected from the actions of the body. In this distraction, we increase the potential for a mistake or harmful accident. However, when we take time to become attentive to our actions, we can push further towards our fitness goals and bring ourselves to a healthy awareness of the body and mind.
Unlike many machine-oriented training approaches, the Made to Move Life Fit Training Process is based on an understanding of the structure and function of the human body and its uniqueness allowing for the creation of appropriate exercise movements, and thus will never compromise the musculoskeletal system. Focusing our clients through our mind/body training process, we teach key movements and exercises that strengthen the body as an interconnected entity. This mind/body connection maximizes the performance of their nervous system and specific muscle groups, leading the client towards total body awareness and improvement of their strength, balance and agility. Our Life Fit Training Program seeks to enable the average person to attend to daily tasks more easily and empowers them to reach their personal fitness goals.
ABOUT OUR NUTRITIONAL COACHING
Science Has Its Benefits - research shows that people who eat mostly plant based foods are the healthiest and tend to avoid chronic disease. In contrast, people who primarily eat animal-based foods are more vulnerable to developing inflammatory diseases. The main reason for this is the pH balance that occurs in your body. Plant based eating is highly alkaline, versus the typical American diet that is quite acidic. A well-balanced alkaline diet helps prevent inflammatory diseases such as arthritis, heart disease, cancer, irritable bowel syndrome and a host of other inflammatory diseases.
Free Healthy Eating Coaching Session
This coaching session enables us to determine the best way to help move you towards your nutritional goals. We will look at your short term and long term goals and your current eating habits. Once this is accomplished, we can decide together what is the best solution for you.
If you want to go plant based and are looking for help, look at some of our recommended resources on the website: just click on Nutrition and scroll down to the bottom!
Life Fit Training & Nutritional Coaching Scheduling Policy
Our commitment to a consistent scheduling policy is one of themany reasons Made To Move Tennis & Wellness attracts the highest level trainers and coaches in the industry.
When scheduling a makeup into a time slot other than your normally scheduled time slot, that makeup time slot is not a permanently guaranteed spot in your schedule as it may be needed as an assigned weekly scheduled session time for another client.
24 Sessions (3)
6 Months (6)
1 year (9)
The unscheduled sessions would count towards the package.
Same day cancellation
There will be no rescheduling. Any cancellation after 6pm the day before a scheduled session will be deemed a same day cancellation. We give our clients a one time courtesy for late notice. (One per year)
Late for a session
If client arrives late, he/she will only receive the balance of the time scheduled for that session.
Inclement weather cancellation
We follow the Three Village School District announcements.
"with a conscience"
Made to Move Tennis & Wellness
5 S. Jersey Avenue,
East Setauket, NY 11733
631 - 751 - 6767
Club & Gym Hours: Fall Schedule
MONDAY: 6 AM TO 9:30 PM
TUESDAY: 6 AM TO 9:30 PM
WEDNESDAY: 6 AM TO 9:30 PM
THURSDAY: 6 AM TO 9:30 PM
FRIDAY: 6 AM TO 8:30 PM
SATURDAY: 6:45 AM TO 6 PM
SUNDAY: 6:45 AM TO 4 PM
For HOLIDAY HOURS call /email